[Buildroot] [RFC] Python 3 external packages support

Patrick kpa_info at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 11 15:40:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:17:40 +0000 (GMT), Patrick wrote:

> > If we make them exclusive, then we can ensure that
> > $(HOST_DIR)/usr/bin/python is either a symbolic link to python2
> > (when Python 2 is used) or a symbolic link on python3 (when Python
> > 3 is used), and that should make the thing work pretty smoothly.
>

> Indeed, if we dont need to support both simultaeously it simple.
> I will work on this.
>
> Patrick

One more question,

Does it sounds accetable to move all the Python related stuff (python2, python3 and all python-* packages) to a single directory called python ?
I know that you would like to have a flat arborescence for all packages, but this will help to provide a more friendly python menu

Thanks for your feedback

Patrick