[Buildroot] Buildroot at ELC: review/suggestions needed

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Feb 11 08:42:06 UTC 2013

Dear Belisko Marek,

On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:46:25 +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:

> >  * Review the Buildroot poster I've made. The poster will be
> > printed by the event organizers in big format, and I've tried to
> > highlight the main fact about Buildroot, and recent developments.
> Poster is great. Maybe one comment: why only Google Fiber is mention
> as product which
> using BR? Isn't there any other companies (products)?

There are of course many more companies using Buildroot, and we've
discussed this during the last Buildroot Developers meeting: in the
next version of the Buildroot website, we'll have a place to list
companies/products using Buildroot.

Regarding the poster itself, there are multiple reasons for choosing
this example:

 * Google is a well-known company, and generally developers are
   "impressed" by what Google does. So having Google using Buildroot is
   "waouh".

 * The Buildroot code that Google uses is public and clearly associated
   to the Google Fiber project, which means that Google is OK with the
   people knowing that Buildroot is used. Many other companies that are
   using Buildroot are not so public with the fact that they use
   Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons