[Buildroot] Insufficient RPC options for crosstool-ng toolchain

Shawn J. Goff shawn7400 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:36:36 UTC 2013

I'm getting an error about a missing rpc_msg.h while building
conntrack-tools. That package selects libtirpc if
!BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_NATIVE_RPC. I'm having BR build the toolchain using
ct-ng; I looked at the  toolchain-crosstool-ng/Config.in and it selects
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_NATIVE_RPC because the ct-ng config that ships with BR
uses glibc 2.9. My ct-ng config uses glibc 2.14, which doesn't have
native RPC support.

I started to make a patch that allows for explicitly selecting
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_NATIVE_RPC like the external-toolchain allows, but I
ran across check_glibc function and the ext-toolchain-checked stamp and
it looks like quite a lot, so I wanted to find out if you actually want
all that for this fix.