[Buildroot] Bootloader

Richard Braun rbraun at sceen.net
Sun Dec 30 17:50:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 06:18:39PM +0100, Willy Lambert wrote:
> The one I know the most is grub, but I need a "grub-install" phasis
> but no "host-tool" seems to be provided.

This problem is specific to the x86 architecture. I've posted a way to
work around this issue [1] some time ago, along with a template script
you can adjust to your needs [2]. If your host is an x86_64 machine, be
sure to install 32-bit versions of your main libraries (e.g. libc6-i386
on Debian Squeeze). Hope it helps.

--
Richard Braun

[1] http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2012-August/057536.html