[Buildroot] Questions related to "Incorrect selection of the C library" error

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Sep 14 16:19:59 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 14 September 2011 11:52:17, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > The following lib (ld*-uClibc.so.*) is missing in my lib dir.
> > Where does this lib come from?
>
> From the external toolchain.
>
> > In my .config, I have selected BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y
> > and I have set the path for my toolchain, and the prefix.
> >

> > But where can I set the path for my installed uClibc directory?
> > ( /usr/<arch>-linux-uclibc )
>
> In the toolchain menu:
>  * Select "External toolchain" as Toolchain type
>  * Select "Custom toolchain" as Toolchain
>  * Put the path of your toolchain in Toolchain path

 What Thomas means is: you have to install uClibc in the same place as the
cross compiler.

Cross-compiler and libc (and various other things like dynamic library loader
and debugger) are intimately linked. Together they are called the toolchain.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540