[Buildroot] Xtensa support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 20 18:35:30 UTC 2011

Hello Piet,

Le Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:18:45 -0700,
Piet Delaney <pdelaney at tensilica.com> a écrit :

> In summary, we are just getting back to getting buildroot up-to-date
> and would appropriate your support when trying to pull this off.

Do you have any news about the Xtensa support in Buildroot ? Are you
still interested in having this support in the mainline Buildroot ?

I am remain concerned by the fact that we carry some special stuff to
support Xtensa, but he Xtensa architecture support has never been
updated since it was merged in Buildroot. Of course, it is our goal to
support configurable architectures such as Xtensa, but the support for
those architectures needs to be actively maintained in Buildroot
upstream. Unfortunately, none of the main Buildroot developers have
Xtensa-capable hardware, so it's a bit hard to contribute to this
effort.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons