[Buildroot] external buildroot toolchain: LD_LIBRARY_PATH needed

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 6 15:24:25 UTC 2011

Hello,

Le Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:07:31 +0200,
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> a écrit :

> However, the missing library does not seem part of sysroot. It is
> located at output/host/opt/ext-toolchain/lib
> where libgmp, libmpfr, libexpat etc. reside.

Those libraries are libraries for the host, and they are used by gcc
and binutils.

> Maybe this wrapper should be adapted as to include the proper
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

No, I don't think it's the right solution. I think there are two
solutions:

 * Link the toolchain binaries statically against those libraries so
   that the toolchain binaries only rely on the C libraries but not on
   gmp, mpfr, etc.

 * Link the toolchain binaries with a proper rpath.

> How does crosstool-ng handle this fixed-path problem?

From what I can see, using static linking against those libraries.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons