[Buildroot] fix for mplayer with armv7 / neon

Bruno Niklaus niklaus.bruno at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:24:52 UTC 2011


Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply!

Actually my Pandaboard is still on its way to switzerland...

Okay, until it arrives here and i can test if mplayer really works i will
get into the git / diff things,
when the board is here test if this change works or not, and then make a
real patch !

Regards,
Bruno

2011/10/28 Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Bruno Niklaus <niklaus.bruno at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > hi @all
> > sorry i don't know how to make a patch file or how to send it / git it or
> > how ever to
> > the buildroot source :)
> > i tried to build mplayer for a omap4430 / pandaboard, it always failed
> with
> > error:
> > arm/mpegvideo_arm.c:33: error: size of array 'x_H263_AIC' is negative
> > after a bit of google search i found this email
> > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user/64844
> > and edited the file
> > libavcodec/arm/asm-offsets.h
> > like this
> > Line 38:
> > --  #define H263_AIC  0x2670
> > ++ #define H263_AIC 0x2678.
> > after that i built without erros!
> > can you make a patch for this?
>
>
> This issue was also reported previously:
> https://bugs.busybox.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3535
> The bug report refers to patches from chromium, but the following
> thread indicates that they may not be valid anymore:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.trac/677/focus=2097
>
>
> I'm not sure whether your proposed solution is really the best one.
> The following irc log mentions that it may compile well, but crash
> during usage. Did you try running the resulting build?
>
> To be honest, I can't help with finding out whether this patch is the right
> one.
>
> Anyway, I think it would be great if you learned to use git or another
> version control system like mercurial. This will help in generating
> patches more easily.
> But even without version control system, it's easy to create a patch:
> * unpack the unmodified sources to some directory, e.g. /tmp/mplayer-1.2.3
> * copy the directory to /tmp/mplayer-1.2.3.orig
> * make your changes in /tmp/mplayer-1.2.3
> * then at /tmp, type the following command:
> diff -upNr mplayer-1.2.3.orig mplayer-1.2.3 > patchfile
>
> The file 'patchfile' should now contain all the changes that you made.
> If you put that patch in package/multimedia/mplayer/ with the right
> name (mplayer-VERSION-DESCRIPTION.patch), then it should get applied
> after mplayer is extracted by buildroot.
>
> Best regards,
> Thomas
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > buildroot mailing list
> > buildroot at busybox.net
> > http://lists.busybox.net/mailman/listinfo/buildroot
> >
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/attachments/20111028/c5c7a75e/attachment.html>


More information about the buildroot mailing list