[Buildroot] [RFC] New package: QSerialDevice

Yegor Yefremov yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de
Tue Oct 25 09:22:32 UTC 2011

Am 25.10.2011 10:17, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
> Le Tue, 25 Oct 2011 09:22:34 +0200,
> Yegor Yefremov <yegor_sub1 at visionsystems.de> a écrit :
>
>> 1. I fetch it from git branch, how can I specify revision?
> pkg_VERSION = ...
>
> You can specify a git branch, a git commit, whatever commit identifier
> that is valid for git.

But how can I combine branch name together with commit? I've already specified branch "2.0" as QSERIALDEVICE_VERSION.

>> 2. how do I handle symlinking for libraries? If I just copy all 4
>> files, I get 4 same files and not one library and 3 symlinks
> Either use the "make install" of the package (or implement it), or use
> ln to create the symlinks.

O.K. I thought there would be some kind of elegant and easy way, like an option that copies only symlink and not it's target if desired :-)

>> 3. what
>> about creating some kind of folders/menu (in package/Config.in) for
>> Qt, python etc. add-ons?
> I don't know. qserialdevice should go in Libraries -> Hardware
> handling. I don't see why it would need to end up in a qt-specific
> submenu.

O.K.

>> +define QSERIALDEVICE_CONFIGURE_CMDS
>> +	$(QT_QMAKE) $(@D)/serialport.pro
>> +endef
> Should be:
>
> 	(cd $(@D); $(QT_QMAKE) serialport.pro)

You won't believe me, but it worked without cd statement. That's why I was puzzled by my local package not willing to create Makefile in output/build/vsguitest. But I fix it for QSerialDevice for conformance sake.

> Does it *absolutely* require udev ? I have never used QSerialDevice,
> but QExtSerialPort instead, and udev wasn't necessary.

It requires both build-time and run-time udev. This package provides two classes/interfaces:

1. serial port itself
2. informational class containing all installed serial port sin the system and it uses libudev (I'll send a patch that installs udev in staging)

Yegor