[Buildroot] buildroot noob help!

Jed Evnull jedevnull at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:12:22 UTC 2011

I need to compile packages for arm with uclibc and statically link them. Am
I selecting the right tool with buildroot?  I compiled  buildroot-2011.08
with qemu_arm_versatile_defconfig.  The generated cross-compiler compiles
simple hello world programs w/o problems, but fails with typical autoconf
source packages.
I tried to chroot into the generated image (chroot myimage /bin/sh --login)
to compile from there, but chroot fails with /bin/sh not found.  I can
cross-compile with code sourcery's toolchain, but the binaries are h-u-g-e.
I did something similar years ago with scratchbox and maemo.  Please help a
noob!