[Buildroot] Bug in pkg-stats?

H Hartley Sweeten hartleys at visionengravers.com
Wed Oct 5 17:09:41 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:44 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Le Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:05:04 -0500,
> H Hartley Sweeten <hartleys at visionengravers.com> a écrit :
>
>> One other thing with pkg-stats.
>>
>> Can you think of any way to pull the _VERSION of the packages out of
>> the *.mk files and show that information in the output html file?
>
> Yes, shouldn't be too difficult. Why would this be useful ?

It seems convenient.  Having the script output the package version would
be nicer than having to look at the various *.mk files be hand to see what
version is actually being used by Buildroot.

I have something "kind" of working right now but its output isn't very
nice for a lot of the packages.  I'm doing this in the script:

    version=""

    if grep -m1 "_VERSION" $i > /dev/null ; then
	version=`grep -m1 "_VERSION" $i | awk '{ print $NF }'`
    else
	version="unknown"
    fi

This works fine for the packages that have _VERSION defined like:

FOO_VERSION = x.y.z

But it ends up with the whole line when the spaces are missing around the
'='.  Oh well...

Regards,
Hartley