[Buildroot] proc not mouning

Heyendal, Carl CHeyendal at stanleyworks.com
Wed Mar 23 20:35:16 UTC 2011

Interestingly I solved the problem.

I was originally generating the root filesystem as a cpio archive and using that
to populate my SD card. Later on, as a build optimization, I disabled generating
rootfs.cpio at the top level Buildroot menuconfig. Instead I started copying
'output/target/*' over to my SD card. That's when the trouble began I guess. I
switched back to using rootfs.cpio to populate the SD card and I no longer have the
problem. :-)

I've been dinged by not using cpio formats before, but had forgotten. What is it
about cpio keeping filesystem archives sane when you copy them to other media?
Why can't I just 'cp' the entire filesystem over as root?

Thanks Andy for your attention.

/carl