[Buildroot] [buildroot] libdrm tries to compile before cairo

Barry Kauler bkauler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:37:36 UTC 2011

On 3/18/11, bruce bushby <bruce.bushby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Barry
>
> I'm also new...so can't really offer anything beyond my recent experience.
> Could you past your "LIBDRM_DEPENDENCIES" line?
>
> I had some troubles adding "zeromq" until I added:
> ZEROMQ_DEPENDENCIES = e2fsprogs host-pkg-config host-e2fsprogs
>
> I suspect I don't need the "host-e2fsprogs" ..... it was only when I added
> "e2fsprogs" that everything worked.
>
> If you "de-select" libdrm and allow the build to finish and then run "make
> libdrm" ... does it then compile?
>
> My problem with zeromq complained that it couldn't find "uuid-dev" ....even
> though I had selected "uuid"....turned out "e2fsprogs" provides
> "uuid-dev"...just
> wondering if something similar applies to "cairo.h"

Bruce,
Thanks for the response. I have not really understood how Buildroot
works -- I have used T2-project many times, and that cross-compiles in
a true virtual environment -- but not Buildroot.

In Buildroot, libdrm does check if cairo is there and thinks it is,
but it isn't -- Buildroot actually checks my host environment and see
cairo is installed. That is a very confusing situation.

I can't de-select libdrm as it is a dependency of something else. I
will have to roll the package choices right back until it can be
deselected.

Regards,
Barry Kauler