[Buildroot] toolchain into the root disk

Max themaxmail at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 16:54:23 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,

the BR2_PACKAGE_GCC_TARGET seams to me to work only with the internal
toolchain.

I'm creating a root disk for a powerpc64 architecture. As build root does
not support powerpc64, I'm
using and external toolchain. With few workarounds evething works fine.

When I use BR2_PACKAGE_GCC_TARGET=y the tool tries to download gcc but the
version is not
define so it tries to get the file gcc-.tar.bz2.

Can you please tell me where in the tool the gcc version is set? I was not
able to spot the location.

Thanks,
Massimiliano