[Buildroot] How to make iptables binary for android devices

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Mar 7 13:54:43 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:52:38 -0500
Preetam Bhosle <preetb123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> i am trying to cross-compile iptables to work on android devices(ARM
> processor). I tried, but i couldn't do it. please explain in detail(as
> i am a beginner to this) how can i make iptables binary that will be
> installed and used on android devices.

This is out-of-topic for this list. Buildroot is an embedded Linux
build system, which produces a traditional Linux userspace, with a
traditional C library, Busybox, etc. Android has a completely custom
userspace, with a specific C library (Bionic), a specific
reimplementation of Busybox (Toolbox). This list is not the appropriate
place to ask about how to compile iptables for an ARM Android device.

> please help. i need this urgently.

Hint when working with the open-source community: never say you need
something urgently. It will just make people go away and never answer
your question.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons