[Buildroot] Deprecate rp-pppoe package
gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Fri Oct 15 20:25:38 UTC 2010
On 10/13/10 13:13, Darcy Watkins wrote:
> I submitted a patch wrt this subject line / thread back in August.
> Essentially I updated the rp-pppoe package version (changed to
> autotools) and made sure that the PPPoE server side functionality works
> (on a powerpc target).
> These changes were not included into buildroot-2010.08 because it was
> already at release candidate stage. I don't see it committed / merged
> since either. Will it make it in before 2010.11 hits release candidate
Ok, managed to give it a spin on my powerpc rig.
* RP_PPPOE_TARGETS_BIN and MANPAGES are basically the same, so merged.
* No need for RP_PPPOE_SOURCE if it uses the standard naming convention
(it does), so removed it.
* In INSTALL_TARGET_CMDS prefer $(INSTALL) over cp.
* NETSNMP_UNINSTALL? That should be RP_PPPOE_UNINSTALL :)
* In patch 002 (krn-plugin) you're hardcoding PLUGIN_DIR, i removed it
and just pass it to the package at build time (new RP_PPPOE_MAKE_OPTS)
based on pppd's package version. This is to avoid future breakage when
pppd changes version.
* Added RP_PPPOE_DEPENDENCIES = pppd, so that we build after pppd is
done, otherwise you may miss the pppd.h header.
* Cosmetic fixes.
Give it a spin, works for me.
Thanks and regards.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the buildroot