[Buildroot] GPIO

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Thu Oct 21 08:38:28 UTC 2010

Hi Johnny,

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 08:29:13AM +0000, Johnny Beardsmore wrote:
> I product I worked on a while ago has returned to haunt me.
>
> Essentially, I need support for a GPIO port on a pc-104.  I've perused the
> configuration settings in Buioldroot, but wasn't able to spot anything that
> looked suitable.  Is it, and has anyone any experience with doing so?

If you have a recent enough Linux kernel, and a driver supporting gpiolib for
your GPIO port, then you can use the sysfs based interface for controlling
GPIO lines. See Documentation/gpio.txt in the Linux kernel sources.

For a list of GPIO drivers in your kernel see drivers/gpio/Kconfig.

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems