[Buildroot] Makefile for user applications

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 23 22:39:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:18:39 +0100
Abhishek Ashtekar <Abhishek.Ashtekar at ubitronix.com> wrote:

>  Actually I just want the makefile to copy the binary from the package to /targert/usr/bin
>
>  However it goes to download myapp 1.0 Downloading ....... To a sourceforge.net  link and stops.

Yes, both the GENTARGETS and AUTOTARGETS infrastructure always download
the package source code if it's not already in the cache.

If you want a package that just copies a single tarball, you have to
make a manual Makefile.

Something like:

$(TARGET_DIR)/usr/bin/myapp: /somewhere/myapp
	install -m 755 $^ $@

myapp: $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/bin/myapp

ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_MYAPP),y)
TARGETS+=myapp
endif

We might extend the package infrastructure in the future to support
this kind of thing.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons