[Buildroot] Cross Toolchain support for blackfin

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri May 21 12:50:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010 13:34:57 +0200
Joachim Pihl <jpihl at nevion.com> wrote:

> >  TarunJain> Hi,
> >
> > Please send mails to the buildroot list, and not directly to me.
> >
> >  TarunJain>  I am planning to build a cross tool chain for blackfin
> >  TarunJain> processor, for which i have download the latest
> >  TarunJain> available "buildroot-2010.02.tar.gz" in which i was
> >  TarunJain> unable to find the target architecture for blackfin,
> >  TarunJain> please guide me to the same.
> >
> > Sorry, we don't have any blackfin support in Buildroot.
> >

> I think the Blackfin toolchain as delivered by Analog Devices is
> based on (an old) Buildroot, maybe you should contact them to try and
> merge their efforts into the mainline?

I don't know how they did in the past, but these days, they use a
custom toolchain build script, documented at
http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=toolchain:buildscript and
available at
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/git/?p=readonly-mirrors/toolchain.git;a=tree;f=buildscript;h=7ff71182924c2a2fc05553bc897c0bd4d53c7349;hb=HEAD.

The toolchains I got from them are not compiled with sysroot support so
they unfortunately can't be used as external toolchains in Buildroot
(which is why I started adding support for Blackfin in CT-NG). However,
their toolchains are higly multilib, something that CT-NG isn't capable
of doing at the moment.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--