[Buildroot] Basic stupid questions regarding buildroot

David Wooff David.Wooff at calrec.com
Thu May 20 10:23:40 UTC 2010

Hi,
sorry for these rather basic questions:
1.  If I download the latest version of buildroot, am I tied to a
particular version of the kernel?  I current have an old buildroot (from
late last year and kernel 2.6.30, but I'm going to download the latest
buildroot because I'm having compilation problems (since I did a
"clean") and it has been suggested that I use the latest version.  I
currently build the kernel separately.
2. Regarding pre-requisite "packages" or build tools, if I have to
manually download a toolset of some description, where does it have to
live?  Is this automatically "known" by any application which might want
to use it?  Is there a list of anything I need to manually install
before attempting to build buildroot?

Many thanks,
Dave W.

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as possible. Any views expressed within this email may not necessarily be the views held by Calrec Audio Ltd.  Calrec Audio Ltd have taken measures to ensure this email is free from computer viruses, however it is recommended that you also employ anti-virus measures on your computer systems.
Calrec Audio Ltd. Registered in England. Registration number: 02392336. WEEE registration number: WEE/JE0051TQ/PRO. Registered address: Nutclough Mill, Hebden Bridge, West Yorks, HX7 8EZ.