[Buildroot] Login troubles

Robert Urban urban at unix-beratung.de
Mon May 17 15:21:13 UTC 2010

I seem to have the same problem...

I built with WCHAR support, and although there is no password for either 'root'
or 'default' in /etc/shadow, I can only log in as 'default'.  Here are the entries:

[shadow]
root::10933:0:99999:7:::
default::10933:0:99999:7:::

[passwd]
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/sh
default:x:1000:1000:Default non-root user:/home/default:/bin/sh

I did not test with WCHAR support turned off.

cheers,

Rob Urban