[Buildroot] Buildroot 2010 rc2 fails to build

Chris Kerios ckerios at gmail.com
Sun May 16 21:29:16 UTC 2010

Thanks Peter.
Yes, I am building fine now on the Geode.  The build is configured with all
the latest versions of the software for uClibc, busybox and kernels.  I also
have a AVR32 NGW100 that I am beginning to work on that I will be testing
buildroot on next.  I will let eveyone know how that one goes and cry for
help when I get lost in buildroot...haha.

Regarding the JFFS2 and MTD utilities.  I just learned online this week that
none of it applies to working with a CompactFlash card, so thanks for
reinforcing that piece of knowledge for me.  One less thing to worry about.
What I was wondering about was since I have this configuration Geode
w/Compact Flash.  What does the embedded community recommend be used as a
file system, ext2/3 or something else.  Although we will run most of the
system and application in RAM we want our application to write some data to
disk (Compact Flash) and back across the network in the event of failures,
etc.  We also are going to be running in a relatively "high availability"
environment so I am concerned about the long term operation of the CF over
time.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  I know this isn't the right
mail list for this type of question but I know the world of embedded
developers out there are using this tool extensively so you all obviously
have thoughts and opinions on this.

Great tool!  Thanks,
Chris