[Buildroot] Where is mtd/mtd-user.h supposed to come from?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:49:48 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-26, Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon.com> wrote:
Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwards at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> The build of uboot's fw_env target tool is failing because
>>> there is no mtd/mtd-user.h file.
>>>
>> Manually copying the mtd directory from the kernel headers
>> into the toolchain /usr/include directory allows mtd stuff to
>> build. I don't know how to get buildroot to do that when it's
>> building a toolchain.
>
> Rather belatedly I realise that I am seeing the same problem.
> When the kernel headers are installed I get mtd-user.h in
> toolchain/linux/include. Also when I build mtd-utils the
> header is in build/mtd_orig/include. However it does not get
> copied in staging/usr/include so any apps I write that use the
> header fail to compile.
>
> I have previously fixed this my adding a rule that copies the
> headers from build/mtd_orig/include when the mtd package is
> built.
>
> Is this a good way to do this? Why aren't all the kernel
> headers made available in staging/usr/include?

Good question.

> How would anyone else fix this?

I ended up writing a shell script to do buildroot "make" runs.
After building the toolchain, that shell script copies the mtd
header files and some library files into the places required to
produce a usable toolchain.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Actually, what I'd
                                  at               like is a little toy