[Buildroot] (no subject)

H Hartley Sweeten hartleys at visionengravers.com
Tue Jan 19 16:41:02 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:13 AM, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>> Hello all,
>> Does anyone know what happened to mkfs.jffs in mtd-utils?
>>
>> I recently updated my buildroot tree to the latest git.  This bumped
>> the mtd-utils package from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0.  I did a make mtd-dirclean
>> then started the make.  Eventually I got:
>>
>> cp -f /home/bigguiness/buildroot/output/build/mtd_orig/mkfs.jffs /home/bigguiness/buildroot/output/target/usr/sbin/mkfs.jffs
>> cp: cannot stat `/home/bigguiness/buildroot/output/build/mtd_orig/mkfs.jffs': No such file or directory
>> make: *** [/home/bigguiness/buildroot/output/target/usr/sbin/mkfs.jffs] Error 1
>
> Hmm, it works here. Do you also have the problem if you do a clean
> rebuild?

Hi Peter,

I figured out the issue already and sent you a patch that fixed it:

commit 5a352cdeba03856fa2d0cf12c707fd80704ebfdd

mtd-utils-1.1.0 had this in the file feature-removal-schedule.txt:

What:   mkfs.jffs.c
When:   Shortly after kernel 2.6.21 is released
Why:    Support for the JFFS filesystem is being removed from the kernel
Who:    Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com>

When the mtd-utils package got bumped to 1.2.0 that file was removed so
the utility was gone.

I didn't actually need the utility it was just selected in my .config.

Thanks,
Hartley

PS, Sorry about forgetting to put a subject on this thread.