[Buildroot] MTD build failing: undefined ref's to bcopy, bcmp

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Jan 17 23:29:30 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:

 Grant> The u-boot-env-tools-on-target build was failing because mtd.h
 Grant> wasn't found, so in an attempt to fix that I tried selecting
 Grant> BR2_PACKAGE_MTD and BR2_PACKAGE_MTD_UTILS.  Now that's failing
 Grant> to build because of undefined references to bcopy, bcmp, bzero
 Grant> (make output below).

 Grant> Is there a trick to get mtd stuff to build?

Yes, we need a workaround similar to what we are doing for
mtd-utils.git. I've checked in a fix for this earlier tonight.

This broke when we updated to mtd-tuils 1.2.0. I'll update to 1.3.1
tomorrow after a bit of testing.

 Grant> Is BR2_PACKAGE_MTD/BR2_PACKAGE_MTD_UTILS actually what I need
 Grant> to provide mtd.h for building the u-boot env set/get target
 Grant> tools, or does mtd.h come from somewhere else?

No, mtd.h normally comes from your kernel headers.