[Buildroot] ldconfig errors

Paul Jones paul at pauljones.id.au
Tue Aug 17 09:36:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

I seem to have run into the ldconfig error while using a crosstool-ng
external toolchain (uclibc based). I remember this being discussed a while
back but can't seem to find a solution, short of using an internal
toolchain.

This is the error:

if [ -x
"/media/dev/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnue
abi-ldconfig" ]; \

        then \

/media/dev/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-unknown-linux-uclibcgnuea
bi-ldconfig -r /media/dev/buildroot-arm/output/target 2>/dev/null; \

        else \

                /sbin/ldconfig -r /media/dev/buildroot-arm/output/target
2>/dev/null; \

        fi

make: *** [target-finalize] Error 1

I can't use the host version unless I run as root. This is on a Gentoo
x86_64 host with ARM target.

Any suggestions?

Paul.