[Buildroot] Generate root password at build

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Tue Aug 3 13:53:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:14:11PM +1000, Paul Jones wrote:
> [...]

It should be doable using the following syntax:

config BR2_RANDOM_PASSWORD
	string
	option env=RANDOM_PASSWD

Then you need to set RANDOM_PASSWD in the shell before you start menuconfig.
The config symbol "BR2_RANDOM_PASSWD" will then have the value
as read in the environment variable RANDOM_PASSWD.

So not elegant but possible.

	Sam