[Buildroot] [GIT PULL] avr32 updates

Markus Heidelberg markus.heidelberg at web.de
Sat May 9 08:50:04 UTC 2009

Peter Korsgaard, 08.05.2009:
>  Thiago> Anyway, what happens if I apply a patch and then you apply it
>  Thiago> a while later before pulling from my tree? I guess we will
>  Thiago> conflict right?
>
> No, if none of us modify the patch then the git sha1 id will be the
> same

No, it will be different because of the different committer identity.

> and the commit just ignored (if one of us modifies it you will
> most likely get a merge conflict that you'll have to resolve when you
> rebase your changes against me).

If the changes are the same, there will be no merge conflict, it will be
resolved automatically. But it won't ignore a commit, it will leave 2
commits with the same change in the repository, which may be confusing
when browsing the history.

Markus