[Buildroot] Building only toolchain

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri May 29 07:21:02 UTC 2009

2009/5/29 Teemu Keskinarkaus <Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com>

>  Hi,
>

> Is it possible to build only toolchain in buildroot? I tried to search the
> makefiles, but I couldn’t find a target that would do it.  It seems that
> there are some

<snipped>
I know this is not directly what you asked for, but do you know about the
crosstool-ng project? It builds both glibc/uClibc based toolchains for
several architectures. I successfully built an ARM toolchain with it a
couple of months ago. Project website:
http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/dokuwiki/projects/crosstool

> I don’t want to build whole system, but just applications so only toolchain
> is needed and not the whole buildroot. I also like to use the same toolchain
> that was used in buildroot to prevent any problems that might come from
> using different toolchain.

I have not tested it myself, but I guess it should be ok to setup Buildroot
to use a crosstool-ng generated external toolchain.
Regards,
Bjørn Forsman