[Buildroot] kernel module dir following move to git

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Thu May 28 09:54:39 UTC 2009

Will Wagner wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Following the move to git I am seeing the kernel modules being built to
> a different directory. The code expects modules to be built in
> $(TARGET_DIR)/lib/modules/$(LINUX26_VERSION_PROBED)
>
> LINUX26_VERSION_PROBED is set with
> LINUX26_VERSION_PROBED = `$(MAKE) $(LINUX26_MAKE_FLAGS) -C
> $(LINUX26_DIR) -s kernelrelease`
>
> Since the move to git the kernel has changed what it reports with
> kernelrelease to $(VERSION)-g7664a62a-dirty. Presumably the kernel is
> spotting that buildroot came from a git repository and is appending info
> about the checkout?
>
> Any suggestion on how to prevent this happening?
>
> Will

Think I have worked this out now. It is because I have CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO=y set in
my kernel config file. Still seems odd that it is finding buildroot git rather than a
kernel git but think I can fix it now.

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA