[Buildroot] Login problem for busybox !!

franco chalissery francoin at rediffmail.com
Fri May 15 08:51:06 UTC 2009

Hi,I have a issue that i couldn't able login after booting.All the user's including "root" can't login. So i followed the steps below ( from mailing list ) also but no success moreover the /etc/securetty also edited adding ttySAC0 inside.Edit /etc/inittab and comment out any getty's and add this:ttyS0::respawn:-/bin/sh (if you are using a serial port)ortty0::respawn:-/bin/sh (if you are using a regular console)then change the root password:passwd rootI have compiled the kernel using arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc and selected arch: arm, subarch:arm920T, and skeleton busybox.I have tried all the combination, if anyone can help me on this point it will be great help for me.Thanks & regardsFranco