[Buildroot] Create user git repository at uclibc.org

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Tue May 5 07:46:09 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 09:46:30PM -0300, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
>    Peter, I'm still lost here :(
>    I've created a git folder at my home then did a git clone from
> buildroot, but that didn't expose a private branch. Then I thought I
> needed to do a git init, but then again, all I got was a .git folder.
>    As I said, your message [1] still isn't clear to those of us who
> don't know this beast.

There is no 'private branch' in the upstream git. You need to create one
for your purpose after cloning with 'git checkout -b myprivatebranch'.

See http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gittutorial.html and
all the other docs on this site. A post that I found quite comprehensive
is http://tomayko.com/writings/the-thing-about-git.

Daniel