[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: target/device/Atmel/arch-avr32/kernel-pa etc...

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Jan 30 19:28:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

 Ulf> HC has all these patches in the kernel-headers directory in his
 Ulf> tree.  I thought initially that was a little risky.

 Ulf> I therefore tried putting them in the avr32 specific parts,
 Ulf> but I have seen strange effects on some packages.
 Ulf> That is why I tried this approach.

Just split up the patches and put the kernel header _FIXES_ in
toolchain/kernel-headers, just like all other architectures do.

The leftovers you can but under target/device/Atmel.

 Ulf> Have read a little bit more on the kernel-headers,
 Ulf> and it appears that I can keep the stuff in the
 Ulf> AVR32 parts and then define

 Ulf> KERNEL_HEADERS_PATCH_DIR=target/device/Atmel/arch-avr32/2.6.[27.6|28.2]

 Ulf> for AVR32 targets.

 Ulf> Does that make sense?

I would prefer to have the kernel headers stuff together for all
archs, the amount (and size of) patches is normally very limited.