[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/linux

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jan 27 05:58:43 UTC 2009

 >> I don't quite see the problem.

 Ulf> What is the problem then with having environment variables.

That they are yet another way of changing config - And even worse, a
way to silently do so.

 Ulf> Pls come up with an alternative method to enforce
 Ulf> behaviour of buildroot without having to resort to
 Ulf> editing config files.

We don't have environment variables to change most other setting (And
no, please don't add them!), so I'm not convinced we need to add it
for xconfig/menuconfig, just because you prefer xconfig.

The point of having a configuration system like Kconfig is to use it.

Please look at the bigger picture, thanks.