[Buildroot] 2009.02-rc2 released

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Jan 26 05:54:13 UTC 2009

 Paul> Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

 >> Now it works, regardless if you have X or not.
 >> so we and the user do not have to choose.
 >>
 >> If X is available you have a better experience.

 Paul> I should just point out that my build system is a Gentoo64
 Paul> server via SSH, my desktop is usually Windows. I'd much prefer
 Paul> to use X myself but don't relay have a choice.

Exactly. We've heard from other people using a similar setup.

Menuconfig obviously works as we use it in buildroot, so that's the
safe choice for kernel config as well.

 Paul> As a newbie here I tend to need as much help as I can get! When
 Paul> the build crashed and complained about QT missing I thought I'd
 Paul> accidentally added some X package into buildroot, it was only
 Paul> after a few hours of doing step by step builds that I figured
 Paul> out it must have been running xconfig rather than
 Paul> menuconfig. Once I disabled the kernel it compiled first go,
 Paul> which is still a lot further than I got when I first tried
 Paul> buildroot a few months ago!

 Paul> Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks.