[Buildroot] 2009.02-rc2 released

Paul Jones paul.jones at iwtech.com.au
Sun Jan 25 23:52:47 UTC 2009

Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

> Now it works, regardless if you have X or not.
> so we and the user do not have to choose.
>
> If X is available you have a better experience.

I should just point out that my build system is a Gentoo64 server via
SSH, my desktop is usually Windows. I'd much prefer to use X myself but
don't relay have a choice.

> If you want to ensure that people has to spend tons of time,
> updating the config file to fit their desires
> every time they download the trunk, again, I am against that.
>
> IMO, the submitted solution should meet all valid concerns.

As a newbie here I tend to need as much help as I can get! When the
build crashed and complained about QT missing I thought I'd accidentally
added some X package into buildroot, it was only after a few hours of
doing step by step builds that I figured out it must have been running
xconfig rather than menuconfig. Once I disabled the kernel it compiled
first go, which is still a lot further than I got when I first tried
buildroot a few months ago!

Keep up the good work guys!

Paul.