[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/gcc

Frank Hoeflich frankhoeflich at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 22:38:20 UTC 2009

Shinya:

    I believe you will find messages similar to the following in your config.log:

/tmp/br/powerpc/toolchain_build_powerpc/gcc-4.3.2-initial/./gcc/cc1: error while loading shared libraries: libmpfr.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I had a similar problem building for an ARM target with a Fedora Core 6 host using gcc 4.1.1 as my *host* compiler, a clean tree and Peter's br-build-ARCH.sh script.  Hamish's post of 1/13/09 with the subject "Re: [Buildroot] arch support" seemed to indicate that this failure always occurs with host gcc 4.1.2 but could work with a host gcc 4.3.2.  I repeated the build on a clean unpack of the same tree in Fedora 9 (which has gcc 4.3.0 out of the box) and this problem went away.  If you have a downrev host gcc, try upgrading it - the rc1 candidate should build.

    If the BR tools aren't going to flag this sort of downrev host tool issue explicitly, there should at least be a note in the docs about it somewhere (e.g. host gcc version 4.1.1-2 is known to be too old to build this BR release, use at least 4.3.0-2).

--Frank