[Buildroot] error building alsa-utils

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jan 14 21:14:51 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Will" == Will Wagner <will_wagner at carallon.com> writes:

 Will> Hi All,

 Will> I have just checked out the trunk and am doing an ARM build
 Will> with alsa-utils.

 Will> Have run into a couple of problems. The first is that it does
 Will> not compile with SUSV3_LEGACY disabled due to the use of index
 Will> & rindex. Have a patch that fixes that.

Ah yes, thats fairly common. Please send the patch to the list and
I'll apply it - Also don't forget to send it to the alsa people!

 Will> The second problem I have is it appears to be trying to install
 Will> the manual pages and is failing when trying to use xmlto
 Will> command. I want to configure it to not build/install the man
 Will> pages but I can't spot a configure option to do so. Am I
 Will> missing something obvious? If not how do you suggest fixing
 Will> this?

Well, if everything else fails, you can always patch the
Makefile.in's.