[Buildroot] error building alsa-utils

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed Jan 14 20:25:26 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I have just checked out the trunk and am doing an ARM build with alsa-utils.

Have run into a couple of problems. The first is that it does not compile with
SUSV3_LEGACY disabled due to the use of index & rindex. Have a patch that fixes that.

The second problem I have is it appears to be trying to install the manual pages and is
failing when trying to use xmlto command. I want to configure it to not build/install the
man pages but I can't spot a configure option to do so. Am I missing something obvious? If
not how do you suggest fixing this?

Thanks,

Will.
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA