[Buildroot] Buildroot maintainer and stable releases
ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Wed Jan 7 12:55:33 UTC 2009
ons 2009-01-07 klockan 12:54 +0100 skrev Peter Korsgaard:
> >>>>> "Markus" == Markus Heidelberg <markus.heidelberg at web.de> writes:
> Markus> See my comment above. Why picking commits from HCE, making his
> Markus> repository more valueless, because everything is also in
> Markus> uclibc-buildroot and at the same time risk breaking it or prevent
> Markus> updating packages (mplayer for example)?
I think I have shown that you can have the cookie and eat it as well.
With my proposal there will be
* Very little need to declare an architecture broken
by allowing limitations on each architectures.
* A single source version for a distribution
* Patches that are tested and verified for all
architectures, for which the package is available.
* possibilities to commit for development purposes,
without disrupting the stable or testing
distribution. This activity can be ongoing,
and there is no need to stop the fixing
of a package, due to release dates.
Allowing patches for development purposes
allows buildroot to become a team effort.
* Allow stable distribution to coexist with
* Allow existence of multiple distributions
* Allow users to work with custom patches
easily without commiting until proved correct.
> I would like to know that as well.
More information about the buildroot