[Buildroot] So what do we do about all the unmaintained boards?

Ulf Samuelsson ulf.samuelsson at atmel.com
Thu Jan 29 16:32:01 UTC 2009

> Ulf> I suggest we remove the boards with 2.4 kernel only today
> Ulf> but we should have one board per architecture we want to support.
>
> Ulf> There is no PowerPC board support at the moment. Can you fix since
> you
> Ulf> seem to be working on this?
>
> Why? If the target/generic skeleton and default busybox / uclibc
> configs work fine, I don't see much value in adding one.
>
> Ulf> The BOARD_NAME, BOARD_PATH really belong
> Ulf> in a target/device/<subdir> directory and not in the
> <buildroot>/project.
>
> Huh? I don't see any references to such variables under project.

No, but I think you suggested that if this is to be general thing,
it could be a configuration item under /project.

The way BOARD_NAME is implemented today
is that you select a board and maybe set some options,
and then Kconfig deduces the board name from that
so it is really not something the user inputs.

Therefore I think it belongs in target/device/VENDOR/Config.in and not in
project.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson