[Buildroot] busybox login problem on AT91SAM9263

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jan 21 12:11:59 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Robin" == Stridh, Robin ActeSE <robin.stridh at acteembedded.se> writes:

Hi,

 Robin> Hi Peter and thanks for your quick reply!

You're welcome.

 Peter> Then it's time to debug. Do you have an /etc/securetty on the target
 Peter> and does it list ttyS0?

 Robin> Yes, ttyS0 is listed in /etc/securetty. The only change i made
 Robin> from the non working to the working version is changing the
 Robin> busybox version and rebuild buildroot.

Ok, are you using the default busybox config
(package/busybox/busybox-1.13.x.config) or a custom one?

 Peter> If that's ok, then I would suggest you enable strace, boot with
 Peter> init=/bin/sh and send the strace output of running login here to the
 Peter> list.

 Robin> I tried passing init=/bin/sh to the kernel, but then I end up
 Robin> without a shell.  The console is still responsive and echoes
 Robin> everything I type and produces newlines when I hit return but
 Robin> nothing more.

Strange, that doesn't sound right. What is you console= on the kernel
cmdline set to?