[Buildroot] busybox login problem on AT91SAM9263

Stridh, Robin ActeSE robin.stridh at acteembedded.se
Wed Jan 21 11:10:19 UTC 2009

Hi Peter and thanks for your quick reply!

Peter> Then it's time to debug. Do you have an /etc/securetty on the target
Peter> and does it list ttyS0?

Yes, ttyS0 is listed in /etc/securetty. The only change i made from the non
working to the working version is changing the busybox version and rebuild buildroot.

Peter> If that's ok, then I would suggest you enable strace, boot with
Peter> init=/bin/sh and send the strace output of running login here to the
Peter> list.

I tried passing init=/bin/sh to the kernel, but then I end up without a shell.
The console is still responsive and echoes everything I type and produces
newlines when I hit return but nothing more.

Regards,
Robin