[Buildroot] how to build code checked out from a version control system

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Aug 26 07:43:05 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Sven" == Sven Neumann <s.neumann at raumfeld.com> writes:

 Sven> Hi,
 Sven> we have some code there that lives in a Bazaar repository and that we
 Sven> would like to build from within our buildroot setup. I have created
 Sven> buildroot packages for these modules, but somehow I ended up with lots
 Sven> of hacks and things are still not working properly. I wonder if there is
 Sven> some example or documentation that I should have a look at. Is anyone
 Sven> doing something similar and could show me how to do this properly?

What exactly goes wrong? It's normally just a matter of providing a
custom source step doing the checkout.

See the tremor handling in package/multimedia/libvorbis/libvorbis.mk
for an example. You could argue about the usefullness of creating a
dated tarball of the checkout or not.