[Buildroot] Issue using an external toolchain

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Aug 5 14:35:26 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Gilles" == Gilles Talis <gilles.talis at gmail.com> writes:

 Gilles> Hi Peter,
 Gilles> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Please keep the buildroot list in the to: so other
people can also help/learn.

 Gilles> FYI, it really asks for a password as shown below (output of my console):

 Gilles> Welcome to Buildroot
 Gilles> (none) login: root
 Gilles> Password:
 Gilles> Login incorrect

Is this booting from flash or NFS? Have you verified the permissions
of /etc/passwd / /etc/shadow and the /dev device nodes?

 Gilles> It takes a few seconds before coming back to me saying "login
 Gilles> incorrect"

 Gilles> I do not know if the toolchain is configured for hard or
 Gilles> softfloat. Is this important?

Yes it is.