[Buildroot] gdb snapshot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Apr 28 16:40:43 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:24:08 +0200,
Sven Neumann <s.neumann at raumfeld.com> a écrit :

> as I am having problems with gdb 6.8 on our ARM platform, I thought
> I'd give the gdb snapshot a try and selected it in the buildroot
> menu. But this fails as the patches in toolchain/gdb/snapshot seem to
> be targetted at a particular snapshot (gdb-6.3.50.20050915). Does
> this work for anyone else? Can this possibly work?

Maybe instead of using the the gdb.tar.bz2 symbolic link, we could
refer to a precise version of the gdb snapshot, so that the patches
have a chance to work.

The patches in snapshot/ haven't been updated since 2006, so I would
say that this part is unmaintained, which means that nobody uses it and
we can probably drop it.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
consulting, training and support.