[Buildroot] diffutils fails to build

Ian Preston ianopolous at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 12:26:36 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use buildroot to build a minimal, non graphical linux which
has gcc and gfortran. I got a good way through the build process, and then
it crashes during the build of diffutils:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/ian/jpc/buildroot/build_i386/diffutils-2.8.1'
/usr/bin/make  INSTALL_PROGRAM="/bin/bash
/home/ian/jpc/buildroot/build_i386/diffutils-2.8.1/config/install-sh -c -s"
\
      INSTALL_STRIP_FLAG=-s \
      `test -z 'true -Not_stripping' || \
        echo "INSTALL_PROGRAM_ENV=STRIPPROG='true -Not_stripping'"` install
/usr/bin/make: invalid option -- N

I've attached my config file.
If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this, or to remove diffutils from
the process, then I will be very very grateful. Thanks guys!

Ian

--
Senior Software Engineer
IGD group