[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/target/linux

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com
Wed Nov 5 12:50:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:39:43 +0100
Hans-Christian Egtvedt <hans-christian.egtvedt at atmel.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 20:17:32 +0100
> Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> > Le Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:02:06 -0700 (PDT),
> > egtvedt at uclibc.org a écrit :

<snipp>

> > > +	rm -rf
> > > $(TARGET_DIR)/lib/modules/$(LINUX26_VERSION_PROBED)
> >
> > And this one (which evaluates LINUX26_VERSION_PROVED) breaks with:
> >
> > Makefile:1561: *** kernelrelease not valid - run 'make prepare' to
> > update it.  Stop.
> >

> Hmmm, weird, the Makefile should not install the modules before after
> the kernel is prepared.

Indeed it does, linux26-modules is added to TARGETS before the
makefiles in target are added. Which results in your error. Wonder why
this hit you and not me, I did a test run from scratch.

Anyway, solution is easy, the modules must depend on
$(LINUX26_DIR)/.depend_done instead of $(LINUX26_DIR)/.configured.
depend_done should really be a .prepare_done IMHO.

Doing a test build now.

<snipp>

Hans-Christian Egtvedt