[Buildroot] buildroot snapshot

Mike Sander msander at ripnet.com
Sat Jun 21 02:12:19 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Could someone confirm (or not) my understanding of how a snapshot works
when used at a later date.  I have looked at sources and read the docs
but I still do not have a definitive answer.

I am using buildroot-20080428 snapshot on my current development box.
If I install this same snapshot on another machine today [and configure
for the same target]  would it be reasonable to expect the same
toolchain & other bits [kernel, file system(s) etc] to be identical
(again, assuming identical .config files).   I believe this to be the case.

I guess I am looking for confirmation that the snapshot contains
specific versions of packages and patches, and these same ones will be
used even if the snapshot is run at a later date.

Regards,

Mike