[Buildroot] Debugging VICE emulator for AVR32

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Jun 19 07:05:00 UTC 2008

>>>>> "John" == John Voltz <john.voltz at gmail.com> writes:

 John> Hi,

 John> For some time now, I have been trying to debug the VICE
 John> emulator in buildroot.  There seems to be a problem with uClibc
 John> 0.9.29. VICE will not start on x86 or on AVR32, but it would
 John> run in the past on uClibc 0.9.28. In fact, the old binary of
 John> VICE that I built for 0.9.28 will run with 0.9.29. I find that
 John> strange. I'm hoping someone can help me make sense of the gdb
 John> info. Here is where the segfault occurs immediately after
 John> starting VICE on AVR32:

I've also noticed pthread problems with avahi on uclibc 0.9.29 (on
PPC), but I haven't had time to debug it yet. The same setup works
with 0.9.28.3.